Batemans of Stamford is the perfect place to sell your watches, gold, silver and jewellery
We have thousands of bidders looking for good quality items. We want to hear from you and help to make some money for items that might well be simply being stored and never used. Don't just take these to a scrap dealer, they will only ever give you the least they can get away with to profit themselves - your items might sell for much more if you put them to auction with Batemans. We always want things to sell for as much as possible - when it sells for more, YOU get more and WE earn more!
Make sure you sell it at Batemans to give the best chance of selling for more!
- We hold regular dedicated specialist auctions - Jewellery & Watches, Silver & Gold – to sell your valuable items effectively.
- Fees for selling are very competitive and simple to understand, unlike many competitors or other ways of selling where fees are often 'hidden' and seem cheaper.
- Vendor's Commission: 15% (12.5% plus VAT), subject to a £12 (£10 plus VAT) minimum charge per lot.
- No Sale No Fee: If a lot does not sell there is nothing to pay.
- We have a team of knowledgeable and friendly experts lead by Managing Director & Specialist Valuer Greg Bateman who can help identify and value your treasured items, backed up by an experienced and helpful staff, cutting edge online bidding systems and a worldwide reach: Accurate Descriptions - High Quality Photographs - Superior Local Service - Proven Results
Contact Us now or call us about a Valuation Appointment with one of our experts on 01780 766466.
There’s currently a huge demand for vintage and modern watches, especially vintage gentleman’s sports watches, chronograph and military watches; gold cased and silver cased models will often be more valuable. Original boxes and paperwork are always desirable.
We are looking for makers and models such as Rolex, Omega, Breitling, Vacheron Constintin, Longines, International Watch Company (IWC), Jaeger le Coultre, Patek Phillipe, Audemars Piguet, Panerai, Cartier, Tiffany, Baume & Mercier, Rado, Tudor, Tag Heuer, Skipperera, Royal Oak, Oris, Bell & Ross, Grana, Eterna, Lemania, Oyster Perpetual, Submariner, Comex, Speedmaster, Cosmograph, GMT Master, Daytona, Carrera.
We have sold a huge variety of wristwatches and pocket watches over the last two decades, with values ranging from tens of thousands of pounds to less than one hundred pounds, here’s a look at some highlights from past sales:
Rolex Submariner - £11,000
An Omega British Military RAF issue pilot's wristwatch - £1750
A Rolex Prince Brancard steel cased gentleman's wristwatch, circa 1930's - £1550
A Breitling gentleman's gold plated Top Time chronograph wristwatch - £460