Batemans of Stamford is the perfect place to sell your wristwatches and pocket watches, gold, silver and jewellery!
We have thousands of bidders always looking for good quality and valuable items. We want to hear from you and help to make some money for items that might well be simply being stored and never used.
Don't just take these to a scrap dealer, they will only ever give you the least they can get away with so as to make more profit themselves - your items might sell for much more if you put them to auction with Batemans.
We always want things to sell for as much as possible - when it sells for more, YOU get more and WE earn more!
We hold hugely successful Quarterly Specialist Sales, and have proved time and again that Batemans is the leading Stamford Auction House, and one of the Premier Auctioneers & Valuers in the East Midlands.
Why would you trust your valuables to any other auctioneer? Come to the best - our Google Review rating is higher than any of our local competitors, testament to our impressive levels of service, skill, effort, and experience! See for yourself: www.google.com search 'Batemans of Stamford'
Make sure you sell it at Batemans to give the best chance of selling for more!
- We hold regular dedicated specialist auctions - Jewellery & Watches, Silver & Gold, Coins & Banknotes – to sell your valuable items effectively. These auctions have an AVERAGE selling rate of 95%! They achieve an AVERAGE lot price of £250, with lot values normally ranging from £50 to £50,000!
- Fees for selling are very low and extremely simple to understand, unlike many other auction houses or other ways of selling where fees are often 'hidden' and appear cheaper.
- Vendor's Commission: 10% (8.334% plus VAT), subject to a £12 (£10 plus VAT) minimum charge per lot.
- No Sale No Fee: If a lot does not sell there is nothing to pay.
- We have a team of knowledgeable and friendly experts lead by Managing Director & Specialist Valuer Greg Bateman who can help identify and value your treasured items, backed up by an experienced and helpful staff, cutting edge online bidding systems, and a worldwide reach.
- Accurate Descriptions - High Quality Photographs - Superior Local Service - Proven Results
Contact Us now or call us about a Valuation Appointment with one of our experts on 01780 766466.
There’s currently a huge demand for vintage and modern watches, especially vintage gentleman’s sports watches, chronograph and military watches; gold cased and silver cased models will often be more valuable. Original boxes and paperwork are always desirable.
We are looking for makers and models such as Rolex, Omega, Breitling, Vacheron Constantin, Longines, International Watch Company (IWC), Jaeger-LeCoultre, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Panerai, Cartier, Tiffany, Baume & Mercier, Rado, Tudor, Tag Heuer, Skipperera, Royal Oak, Oris, Bell & Ross, Grana, Eterna, Lemania, Oyster Perpetual, Submariner, Comex, Speedmaster, Cosmograph, GMT Master, Daytona, Carrera.
We have sold a huge variety of wristwatches and pocket watches over the last two decades, with values ranging from tens of thousands of pounds to less than one hundred pounds, here’s a look at some highlights from past sales:
A vintage 18ct gold Rolex Submariner-Date Oyster Perpetual gentleman's wristwatch: £22,800 (inc BP)
A Rolex Oyster Perpetual Daytona Cosmograph gentleman's wristwatch: £16,800 (inc BP)
A Rolex Oyster Perpetual Submariner gentleman's wristwatch: £12,980 (inc BP)
A Rolex Oyster Perpetual Explorer gentleman's wristwatch: £6,240 (inc BP)
An International Watch Company British Military 'Dirty Dozen' gentleman's wristwatch: £4,920 (inc BP)
A Patek Philippe Calatrava 18k gold cased lady's wristwatch: £3,480 (inc BP)
A Breitling Navitimer 'TOPGUN' stainless steel cased gentleman's wristwatch: £3,360 (inc BP)
A Rolex Prince Brancard steel cased gentleman's wristwatch, circa 1930's: £1,830 (inc BP)
A Breitling gold plated Top Time chronograph gentleman's wristwatch: £543 (inc BP)
An 18ct white gold Cartier 'Baignoire Allongee' lady's wristwatch: £5,192 (inc BP)
A Longines 18K gold cased lady's wristwatch: £1,550 (inc BP)
A Rolex Oyster Perpetual diamond set 18ct gold and stainless steel cased lady's wristwatch: £3,540 (inc BP)
A 18ct gold pocket watch and Albert watch chain and fob, belonged to Herbert Long, Jockey, Newmarket, 1898: £3,186 (inc BP)
A George V Charles Frodsham 18ct gold cased half hunter pocket watch: £2,100 (inc BP)
A late Victorian 18ct gold pocket chronometer watch, by R. C. Oldfield, Liverpool, with astronomical moon phase, month, day and date subsidiary dials: £1,830 (inc BP)
A large George III gilt brass pair cased verge pocket watch, circa 1780, the full plate chain fusee movement signed 'Jno Ilbery, London, No. 1334': £1,560 (inc BP)
A 14ct gold keyless wind hunter pocket watch by Pavel (Paul) Bure, circa 1900, Imperial presentation for the Russian market: £2,596 (inc BP)